Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Psalms 96:13

"Let all creation rejoice before the LORD, for he comes, he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples in his faithfulness."

Tonight I was at the Stanislaus County Fair for a Newsboys concert. It was amazing! I especially loved that we had the opportunity to worship outside in great weather. Have you ever had one of those Spirit-filled moments when you just know hat all of creation is praising God with you? I had one of those moments tonight (watching The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe last night may have helped bring it about, too). As we were worshipping the King of kings to a song about dancing like no one was watching, I watched the wind blow through the trees; it looked like the trees were dancing right along with us. Maybe they were. Maybe the wind is like the breath of God, and the movement we see in the trees when it hits them is a rejoiceful dance. Maybe when a tree falls over in a powerful storm, it's bowing down before the King, and maybe we should follow their example and praise Him in the storm.

I miss the childhood days of believing that raindrops were God's tears. I think I'll try to become more childlike as Jesus said and go back to those days. I don't want to miss the wonder of ALL creation praising God. Who knows? Maybe the rain could remind us that God's heart still hurts for this world, and that "Jesus wept." Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to see shapes in the clouds again; maybe God made those specific shapes in the clouds to show His love for us. And maybe, just maybe, the trees really were dancing with us in worship of a worthy King. I'm tired of boring scientific answers for everything; I want Narnia. I want to see God's love for us in creation and I want to see creation praising Him as the Bible says it does. A huge part of me thinks that our human science has so much of it wrong, and that the world through the eyes Love, looks a lot more like Narnia than we could possibly imagine.

No comments: