Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Don't Take The Girl

Hello peoples! I was driving home from my grandma's house tonight and Tim McGraw's song "Don't Take the Girl" came on the radio. The part where the wife is dying after having their baby and he pleads with God to let him take her place totally reminded me of Jesus on the cross. He came down to plead for God to take Him instead. Here's the verse of the song:

"Take the very breath You gave me.
Take the heart from my chest.
I'll gladly take her place if You'll let me.
Make this my last request.
Take me out of this world.
God, please don't take the girl."

Just like the song Jesus sang for us, His Bride, up there on the cross. Jesus showed us that GOD IS WILLING TO GIVE UP EVERYTHING EXCEPT US!!! Granted, He'll let us go if we choose to walk away, but He gave up EVERYTHING to hold on to those that choose Him. This song reminds me so much of God's love for His Bride. He gave His riches, and ultimately His life so that we might be spared. Take a few moments to reflect on this. God loves YOU more than ANYTHING! Out of every wonderful thing that God created, WE are His most treasured possession! I don't have the words to express how this makes me feel as I soak it in!

I pray for you to experience life in full knowledge of the fact that YOU are His Beloved! May He be with you on your journey. God bless!

No comments: