Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Book Update And A Prayer Request

Hey, everyone. As of now, the book officially has a beginning. God provided an awesome introduction (at least I think so) to help get me started. I'm still in the beginning process of taking notes, but for someone like me who is afraid of having absolutely no idea how to put a book together, having a beginning to the actual book gives me hope. So far God has been guiding me through this and providing resources, so I'm pretty sure this is something He wants me to do. Also, I as I read about videos being made by people who think that Prop 8 was all about hate, I feel that it is important to get this book about why marriage is sacred and how it represents our relationship to God done and out on shelves as soon as possible. One thing that frustrates me in the argument for gay marriage is the main argument: "Love is love." I want to provide a detailed description about the love in marriage and where it comes from, because "love is love," just doesn't satisfy my philosophical mind.

Please pray for me as Satan is attacking me throughout this process and I know he will continue to so even after the book is published. Currently, I am struggling with fears of incompetence. I have no idea how to write a book and I am afraid it won't turn out very well. I'm so afraid of failing. Please keep me in your prayers and pray that I will faithfully follow God through this and trust Him to guide me through it. My world the past year has been one where I have experienced so much hate from people because I believe marriage is sacred and is meant to be between one man and one woman. Sometimes I feel like the book will have no impact other than to make a target for a larger group of people looking for someone to take their anger out on. But then I remember Jesus on the cross. Satan came at Him with a large crowd of mockers, but He trusted in the power of God and the victory went to the ONE backed by the power of God, not to the many who mocked God. I'm going to trust that God will do the same with this book. Please, if you are reading this blog, I ask that you would stop by every once in awhile and leave a comment of encouragement to help me along. You have no idea how much I would appreciate it along this difficult journey! Thank you and God bless! I'll give you another update soon!

No comments: