Thursday, July 3, 2008

Welcome To Taiwan!


Hi, everyone! Nicole and I have arrived in Taiwan. So far everything is going well. We did a little bit of sightseeing today. It doesn’t really feel like I’m on the other side of the world. It is kinda weird being the minority and hearing and seeing most things in Chinese, though. It’s really hot here. The people are really nice. I have to tell you what happened as I grabbed my stuff to get off the plane (not exact words because I can’t remember the exact words).
As I grabbed my stuff, the man behind me (whom I had not talked to at all) said, “I can tell you love Taiwan.”
So I said,” Actually, this is my first time here.”
He then said, “You’re going to love it. You’re staying for awhile.”
I said, “Yeah, for a month.”
“You’re a teacher.”
“Yeah.”
He then reached into his pocket and handed me these 2 coins and told me to take care.
They both have John 3:16 on one side. On the other side, one has an outer circle that is John 14:6, an inner circle that is Hebrews 2:3, and Jesus Christ in the Middle. The other one says, “DEAR HEAVENLY FATHER, I BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST YOUR SON DIED ON THE CROSS FOR MY SINS. THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME ETERNAL LIFE THROUGH HIM. AMEN.
The only way this man could have known all of this about me was through God. It was soooo awesome and encouraging!!!! I can’t wait to see what else God has up His sleeve!




I will be adding more pictures on Facebook. You can click here to view them:

http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=520748584

No comments: